The big announcement at Microsoft’s E3 event: Grand Theft Auto IV is coming to the Xbox 360! On October 16, 2006, 360 owners can die and go to heaven (October 19 in Europe). Microsoft and Rockstar have entered an exclusive arrangement to provide episodic content for Xbox Live. Maybe, if we’re lucky, GTA will go episodic (a great fit for the series, I might add), and the 360 will be the big winner.
- The missing 360 consoles are not hidden at Area 51.
- The Xbox 360′s sales curve is steeper than the PS1, PS2, and the original Xbox, even the iPod.
- Xbox Live has a 57% attach rate, and rising.
- New deal with Warner Music Group: While you play Lumines, you can have a music video of your choice playing in the background.
- 160 games by the holiday season.
- There will be a wireless steering wheel.
- The camera and wireless headset will available this fall.
- Some new Pinata game is coming, to give more appeal to kids.
- 18 million downloads on Xbox Live so far, 1000 unique content items. Fight Night’s pre-orders tripled after the demo was released
- The HD-DVD player will hit this holiday season.
- 10 million unit head start by November.
There’s also a Gears of War documentary, starting on Live tonight in HD, and concludes next week on MTV.