MSN Soapbox was gifted with a cool new interface today. It does a whole bunch of great things, including dynamically resizing the page and scaling as you change the size of your browser. They’ve finally added the playlist functionality I was hoping for when the playlist button appeared in the old version, and supposedly you can embed playlists, but I can’t figure how the hell to do it.
Other new features/changes:
- Player indicates how much of the video has been downloaded
- The new embeddable player has a better look, and has a smaller and cleaner interface
- Every video you watch is added to the playlist, which you can share (and supposedly embed). One problem: There is no button to delete an item from a playlist, short of URL hacking.
- The fullscreen experience has been improved
- You can sort the video gallery now, by date added, rating, number of views, and click in the easy menu bar to browse videos by most recent, most viewed, most commented, top favorites, top rated, top tags, and among 15 categories. Many pages have a neat tag cloud at the top.
- Despite the changes, you can still browse all of Soapbox while watching a video, and with the new playlist functions, you can add videos while browsing to watch one after the other.
MSN Video has also been updated with the same interface and features, including the embeddable player for sharing.
Check out the new player: