Microsoft is proudly trumpeting that Gears of War is the runaway success they had hoped it would be, selling 2 million copies worldwide in its first six weeks, and over a million copies in the US alone. Gears has produced revenues of $61.5 million, making it the top selling game of November, and the biggest hit of this new generation of game consoles.
The November top 10:
- 1. “Gears of War” Xbox 360 Microsoft
- 2. “Final Fantasy XII” PlayStation 2 Square Enix
- 3. “Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess” Wii Nintendo
- 4. “Guitar Hero II” PS2 Activision
- 5. “WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2007″ PS2 THQ
- 6. “Call of Duty 3″ 360 Activision
- 7. “Madden NFL 07″ PS2 Electronic Arts
- 8. “Need for Speed: Carbon” PS2 EA
- 9. “Nintendogs - Dalmatian & Friends” Nintendo DS Nintendo
- 10.”Pokemon Ranger” NDS Nintendo
In addition to being the must-have video game of the holiday season, “Gears of War” continues to rage on the Xbox Live battlefield as well, with more than 1 million unique gamers engaging in 10 million online gameplay sessions and unlocking an impressive 7 million achievements.* On top of being the No. 1 title on Xbox Live, “Gears of War” has driven new members to the network; paid registrations per day have skyrocketed more than 50 percent since the game’s launch.